BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 15, 2010

Being outnumbered

Jeremy had to go away for a few days. This leaves me outnumbered day and night until he gets back! It's not so bad during the day because I'm used to that. I have some "I want to rip my hair out" moments and occasional "I want to smash my head into the wall moments" but other than that things are usually pretty good. That being said though by the time 5 pm rolls around I'm ready for Jeremy to be home to give me a hand. Luckily, he's a great husband and a great dad and he just jumps right in to help with whatever I need.

Dinner is usually the biggest challenge. Ben tends to get whiny around that time and Jillian almost always seems to be awake then. So he usually wrangles the kids while I cook. Then I kid wrangle while he cleans up. We're a good team!

Bedtime is hard when it's only me because Ben likes someone to lay with him which is usually Jeremy because I'm taking care of the baby. So on nights when it's just me I either have to wait until Jillian goes to sleep or I have to lay in bed with her and Ben and hope she's quiet enough for him to fall asleep.

I honestly don't know how military wives do it when their husband is deployed. Often they are also far away from family. I'm lucky that my parents are close by and very helpful. Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without them! I really can't imagine Jeremy being away for months or even a year or more at a time. Just knowing that he'll be gone for 3 days makes me miss him. :(

0 comments: