BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Toddler Tornado

My house. Oh my poor, poor house. I swear it looks like a trailer park after a tornado swept through. They name tropical storms and hurricanes but I have a tornado named Ben. He's pretty cute and funny but he sure does make a mess!

He is obsessed with toys that have wheels. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, construction vehicles...you name it he loves it! So my house is littered with vehicles (which is why it looks like a tornado swept through). I pick them all up and get them all nicely organized and then I blink and they're all over again. I swear the kid moves faster than the Tasmanian Devil (if you were a kid of the 80-90's you know who I mean).

I make attempts to clean throughout the day but as soon as I get started I get interrupted. Someone is hungry, someone is crying, someone has a dirty diaper, the phone rings. It's enough to make a woman want to scream some days!

I keep trying to remind myself that it's not filth (at least not most of it!) it's mostly just kid clutter. Eventually the kids will be older and I'll miss the days of having toys strewn throughout the house. I'm not sure I'll ever miss stepping on a Hot Wheels car in the middle of the night though.

Oh well. It's after 1 a.m now and both kids are actually sleeping (for now anyway). The living room is semi-clean. At least the big chunks have been picked up! I need to vacuum in the morning. I gave Ben two potato chips today and somehow he managed to get 10 chips worth of crumbs on the carpet. That kid is a magician I tell you! Maybe I should give him 2 dollars and see if he can make that multiply. Hmmm....

0 comments: