BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why am I awake? Well I'll tell you!

It's 2 a.m and I'm still awake. Ben is sick with what seems to be a cold and now possibly pink eye. He fell asleep around 8:45 and by11:45 he had already woken up 5 times. He calls out "Mommy" is his sleepy pitiful voice and go lay with him to soothe him back to sleep and then I go wash my hands (have to be extra vigilant since he possibly has pink eye).

In between the first 5 times that Ben woke up Jillian woke up twice. They each woken up 2 more time since midnight. I haven't bothered going to sleep because I just know that the moment I reach that jumping off point between awake and asleep one of them will need me. It's happened before and I can assure you that it's no fun. It leaves me feeling all fuzzy brained and I lay there for a moment trying to figure out if the kids are really crying or if I'm just dreaming. Then reality slaps me awake and I go to whichever kid is crying.

I've realized that it's just easier to stay awake then it is to be yanked from sleep over and over again. Will I pay for it tomorrow? Absolutely! Is there much I can do about it? Nope. They're my kids and they need me (especially the poor sick one). There is nothing like a sick voiced "Moooommmmyyyy" to send you running to soothe the sickies away.

All that being said, after I finish posting this I think I might spend a few moments begging the universe to leave my kids alone for a bit. Over the last few months it's been one illness after another. I'm tired of visiting the doctor's office (even though the one doctor is hot in an older man kinda way and he reminds me a bit of George Clooney) and I feel so bad for the kids because I know it's no fun being sick and they aren't old enough to understand why they aren't feeling well.

I'm guessing tomorrow will bring about another call to the doctor and likely another office visit. We already have Ben's 3 year(that's right I said 3!!!!) visit scheduled for next week along with the ophthalmologist visit scheduled for Jillian.

I'm hoping that Ben will be feeling better in the morning and I'm desperately hoping that his eye is crust (yuck I know) free! Our long weekend is over which means Jeremy will be back to work and I'll be left to deal with this on my own.

Oh well.....tomorrow is another day.

0 comments: