BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 7, 2011

Momzheimer's

*Just a little note* I am not in any way making fun of anyone who has Alzheimer's Disease. Just so we're clear.

I've been a mom for nearly 4 years now and I'm pretty sure my brain has deteriorated significantly since then. Just in that last sentence I had to slow down my typing and really think about how to spell deteriorated and significantly. Spelling used to be my forte. Now I find myself having to really think about how to spell words that once came easily to me.

I'm totally convinced that something happens to a woman's brain once she becomes a mom. I don't think we become less intelligent by any means but our brains function differently than they did prior to having children. I've talked to other women about this and a lot of them feel the same way.

Not only do I not spell as well as I used to, I can't seem to remember anything. I walk into a room and forget why I walked in there. I log onto the computer with the specific intent to do a particular thing and as soon as my browser opens I suddenly forget what it was I intended to do. I'll call someone to tell them something and by the time they answer the phone I cannon, for the life of me, remember why in the hell I called them in the first place.

I can't even tell you how many times I've driven right past where I intended to go because my mind is going a million miles an hour. Suddenly, I'll end up somewhere wondering "how in the world did I get here?" Tonight I was on my way to a meeting and had planned to stop at a store to get a cup of coffee on the way. I passed the store and suddenly remembered that I was supposed to stop so I had to turn around and go back.

I really think I suffer from Momzheimer's. Seriously, someone should do some real research on it. I'd love to see the difference in brain chemistry from before and after a woman has a child. I wonder if it's something that gets worse with each child that you have. If that's the case, Michelle Duggar's brain must look like a moth-eaten mess!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

smh...I think I have "momzheimer's" and I dont even have any kids...how tragic...lmao!!!

Krista Eger said...

There is no doubt that I suffer from Momzheimers. No doubt at all.