BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The reason I never accomplish one task

It'd be easy to blame it on the kids but really it's because of me (well sometimes it's the kids but mostly it's me). I have some type of cleaning ADHD. It's crazy. Here's what happens.

Let's say I decide to clean out a closet. I get myself all psyched up for it and ready to get started. I open the closet door, take a deep breath and begin to tackle the job. So far so good right? Right...but then the ADHD takes hold.

I decide that some item should be moved to another closet. I go to that closet and realize "Hmm I should clean this one too so I have a good place to put this item." So then I decide to tackle that closet first. I pull everything out of that closet and decide some of those items need another home somewhere else in the house. I make a pile of stuff for Jeremy to take down to the basement (and then said pile sits there until he gets tired of my nagging a month later and does it) and then I begin redistributing items to other locations throughout the house. Which starts the problem all over again. I open a cabinet and think "Hmm there are a few things in here I should get rid of" or "I really should put these things in a place where I'll be sure to use them more often."

After a while I get overwhelmed, plop myself down in the chair, turn on the computer and write a blog about it!

1 comments:

Nicole M. said...

I am so the EXACT same way. I started the clutter on the entertainment stand the other day. The 3rd item I grabbed started this chain. At least my pantry got finished as a result! (only the 6th or 7th time trying....)