BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 30, 2010

Teething Time!

For the last few days Jillian has been a bit fussy (which is unusual for her) and she's been waking a lot at night. I figured it was probably a growth spurt because she has been eating more. Teething didn't really occur to me. When Ben was teething he'd always get red rashy cheeks and Jillian hasn't had anything like that.

I was getting frustrated with the fussing yesterday and felt around in her mouth and NOTHING. Her gums didn't look any different than they did over the last few weeks. Just for the heck of it I checked again this morning and again NOTHING.

Well tonight I gave her a bath and she was fussing afterward which is really unusual for her. She loves bath time and is usually all smiles during and after her bath. So I stuck my finger in her mouth again and BAM! TOOTH! Where'd that sucker come from? I felt it though in all it's jagged toothy glory!

At first I danced her around all excited about my discovery! I covered her in kisses and told her that she really was a big girl now. Wait....what? A big girl now? How can that be? Didn't I JUST bring her home from the hospital? Then came the tears. Jeremy looked at me like I was nuts but I couldn't help it.

I wish life came with a pause button or at least a button to turn things to slow motion. Both kids are really just growing up to fast! Make it stop. The milestones are so much fun and they are exciting but they are also a little bittersweet.

So now of course everyone is curious about how nursing will go now that she's teething. As far as I know most women don't have any problems so I guess we'll see.

0 comments: