BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day as a mommy of two. It was pretty low key and that was okay with me. Jeremy had off for the day so it was nice to have help with the kids and I got to take an almost completely uninterrupted nap which was wonderful. I got a beautiful picture frame that says "Love You Mom." It was a really sweet gift but I have to be honest when I say that I actually can't wait to get more of the type of gifts that they make in school. I love stuff like that. Ben did make a little project in school with his foot print on it that was really cute.

It still seems so weird to me to be able to celebrate Mother's Day. Before Ben was born I remember being somewhat depressed on Mother's Day. I enjoyed celebrating it with my own mom but I always wondered if I'd have the chance to celebrate it myself. At that point I really wasn't sure it was ever going to happen. So because of that I guess it still seems somewhat surreal to me.

I have two amazing and beautiful children and they truly are the best gifts I've ever received. I often look at them in awe and find it hard to believe that they are mine. I'm a mom, their mom. How awesome is that?

Some days it really hits me that being a mom is the most important job that I'll ever have in life. I'm responsible for these two little people. It's up to me (and Jeremy) to teach them not only the academics that they'll need but also life skills, how to be good people, how to love, trust and respect others. It's quite overwhelming to think of it in those terms. I worry sometimes that I'll skip an important lesson somewhere and scar them for life! So far though this whole Mommy thing seems to be going well. My kids are happy, healthy and beautiful. Ben is the most incredibly loving little boy that I could ever imagine. He loves his sister so much that seeing with her is enough to nearly make my heart burst. Jillian and I have such a strong bond already. It doesn't matter who is holding her because she always seems to seek me out. Her eyes lock with mine and she smiles like she's just happy to know that I'm there.

Today was a good day and I look forward to spending a lifetime of Mother's Days loving my kids.

0 comments: