BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On Top of Mount Laundry

The laundry....oh the laundry. There are four people in this house and the laundry never seems to end. I don't know how people with larger families do it! I feel like I'm being buried in and endless pile of laundry.

It would be so bad if all it involved was throwing in the washing machine but no it just can't be that simple. It's got to be sorted, washed, put into the dryer, taken out of the dryer, folded and put away. It's the putting away that really annoys me. I don't know why but it's one chore that I absolutely hate. If it were up to me I'd just keep the damn clothes in a laundry basket but then they end up getting wrinkled which just ends up adding on more work.

If I ever win the lottery the first thing I'm going to do is hire someone to do the laundry. I guess that means I'd actually have to play the lottery though.

Well I've done four loads today so I can take tomorrow off. I'd have a lot less laundry to do if it weren't for Jeremy. He goes through more clothes than anyone in the house. Even the messy toddler dirties less clothes than he does. He wears an outfit to work, changes when he gets home and then usually wears pajama pants or shorts to bed plus a towel for his shower. I could do a load of his clothes every 2 days. I wash the kids clothes about twice a week and my own about once a week plus at least 2 loads of towels and a load of sheets and/or blankets.

I'm not sure which works harder....me or the washing machine. That washing machine sure earns its keep!

0 comments: