BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 10, 2010

Why do I do this to myself?

It's after midnight. Both kids and Jeremy are sleeping. I should be sleeping as well and yet here I sit. I have a really hard time getting my mind to wind down for the night. Brains should come with an "on/off" switch. Well, maybe some people do have that switch because I know a few people who seem to be operating with theirs stuck in the off position.

Anyway, Jillian's nose is all stuffy so she's sleeping in her swing and snoring very loudly. This means I'll be bunking on the couch which is actually okay with me because this couch is very comfortable and I actually have an easier time waking up in the morning when I'm on the couch versus being in bed.

Back to the reason I can't get to sleep. I really can't shut my brain off. I lay down, close my eyes and then frantic thoughts pop into my head. "Oh crap! I forgot to put the laundry into the dryer." This means I'll either have to rewash it in the morning because otherwise it'll be stinky or I have to get up and put the laundry in the dryer. If I put the laundry in the dryer I don't like to go to sleep until it's done because I don't like to leave a dryer completely unattended. Especially one that sometimes gives me trouble. Once in a while things get stuck between the drum and the front of the dryer (this especially happens with little buttons on Jillian's clothes). When that happens I have to go fix it because I don't want to cause a fire. So then I sit here waiting for the clothes to dry and stew about the stupid dryer which makes me annoyed with Jeremy because I've asked him for months now to see if he can figure out what is wrong with it.

Once I settle down again other random thoughts pop into my head. "I have to call that place about that thing tomorrow" (insert daily random thing here), "I have to pick up X,Y and Z from the grocery store," "I really need to try to get that stain out of the carpet," "Oh yeah I have to buy carpet cleaner solution," "I wonder if the kids will nap at the same time tomorrow so I can mop the kitchen floor," "I washed clothes for Jeremy and for the kids but I don't have any clean clothes left, guess I better do that in the morning." That last one brings me full circle. It always seems to start and end with laundry. Story of my life.

0 comments: