BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 25, 2010

I give up

The kids and I have been sick for the last few days. Ben seemed to be quite a bit better today until he tried to go to sleep. He coughed a lot but finally fell asleep. Poor Jillian kept trying to sleep but she could hardly breathe. So I performed one of my least favorite mommy jobs. I suctioned out her nose. I bought a new little gadget today. It's a battery operated boogie sucker! Awesome! Or you know...not. It worked. She hated it and screamed her poor little head off but it worked. For a few seconds I was afraid she was going to do an Exorcist headspin but we got through it. I finally got her back to sleep and I laid down on the couch (I can sit up more there so I can breathe better) to try to get some sleep. I immediately start coughing and gagging. As I lay there contemplating sticking that fantastic new super powered boogie sucker up my own nose kidlet #1 woke up coughing and crying "mama mama." I went to his room and tried to get him to take a drink. He refused and contined to cough like crazy. I rubbed his back, smoothed his hair and tried to get him to calm down. I finally bundled him in a blanket and took him outside like the Dr suggested. Supposedly, the cold air can help. Well guess what? Even though it's January it's not cold tonight. Figures. The only thing I got out of going outside in the middle of the night was a wet sock. Oh yeah...it's raining.

I brought Ben back to bed where he proceeded to cough and cough and well you get the point. As I slathered him with Vicks (despite his protests) Jeremy finally woke up or finally gave up on pretending to be asleep and came out to help. Ben was fed up with my torture so he was glad to see his Daddy. They curled up together and within minutes Ben was fast asleep. I figure it's like a jar lid you can't get open and then someone else comes along and gets it open right away. I laid the ground work so Jeremy could get him to sleep so easily.

I got back on the couch and got on the computer for a bit because by this point my nose was running like a faucet and I figured there was no point in laying down. I'm really tired of being sick now. That boogie sucking machine is mighty tempting. If I never blog again it's probably because I gave in and tried it and ended up sucking my brain right out.

0 comments: