BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Neti Pot

The Neti Pot is a wonderful and yet disgusting little invention. At first glance it appears to be a child's plastic teapot. Well after it's been used in the proper manner I'm not sure you'd want your little girl serving "tea" from that thing.

As I've mentioned in several previous posts I've been sick. My head has been so clogged that I can hardly think straight. A few nights ago I was telling my mom how terrible I felt and being the wonderful mom that she is she went to the store and purchased the Neti Pot for me.

I was desperate so I was willing to try it. I knew it involved putting water up your nose so I was nervous because....well who the heck likes the feeling of water going up their nose? I read the directions and prepared the Neti Pot. You put some warm water in the pot and add a packet of this solution stuff and shake it up. Then you're supposed to lean forward and put the spout up to one nostril while your head is tilted slightly to the other side. The water then flows through the nasal cavity and flushes everything out and runs out the other nostril. Then you repeat on the other side.

I made Jeremy leave the room. I'd like to leave a little romance in our marriage. He's seen me puke and give birth. I figured seeing me flush the copious amounts of snot from my nose was better left to his imagination. I stood at the sink working up the courage to do it. I finally took a deep breath and went for it. It took a bit for it to work because my nose was so stuffy but then it worked. Oh glorious relief!

I'll spare you the details on what came out but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if remainders of the bath bead that I shoved up there around 1985 was finally flushed out! So if you ever find yourself in a similar miserable situation give the Neti Pot a shot.

Thanks Mom!

0 comments: