BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow

I hate it. I really really do. I'll admit that it does look pretty. Today we all took a nap. I put Jillian in her bouncy seat and I laid on the couch and fell asleep in about 5 seconds. Jeremy went to lay Ben down for his nap and they fell asleep together. After a while Jillian woke up to eat and I fed her. My back was to the window so I hadn't looked out. Jeremy and Ben woke up and Jeremy saw that it had snowed while we slept. Ben went to the window and said "oh wow!" He was impressed. Mommy was not.

With having 2 kids I already often feel trapped in the house especially during the week days when Jeremy is working. It's so hard and a lot of work to get myself and a 2 1/2 year old and 2 1/2 month old out the door by myself. If I take them shopping Ben sits in the seat and Jillian's carrier goes in the basket which leaves me no room to buy anything! So we rarely go out unless Jeremy is home to help.

The snow makes the feeling of being trapped even worse. Taking 2 kids out is hard taking 2 kids out in the snow is even worse. Added to that is the nervousness that I feel while driving in those conditions with my kids in the car. Of course now it figures that it seems to snow only on the weekends. This is a weekend when Jeremy isn't on call so it's our freedom weekend and it's freaking snowing! I've been pretty much trapped in the house for over a week because we've all been sick and down comes the stupid snow.

Hopefully, they will have it nicely cleared in the morning so we can go out for a bit. I really need to get out of the house. I'd like to run to the grocery store for a few things. I had been hoping to go out shopping with my best friend but I don't think that's going to happen now.

Stupid snow.

0 comments: